Followers

Saturday, September 28, 2019

SUNGAI CHOH (11) : Once Upon A Time | To Gain The Girls' Admiration

Once Upon A Time
(The Beginning Of My Glamor Path To Fame)


Elo Episode
Starian Friends '63
Kampung Girls
Jalan Mawar
Road To SRK

I was a typical Bengkulu boy. Sometimes I was a dreamer, trying to create a glamour for myself. Somehow I tried to be special, and dominant in whatever, especially in my class.  However I was not really a romantic hero. Yet I wanted to show my potential strength, just to gain the girls' admiration. Finally the day to make my dream seemed to be giving me a chance. So I challenged a thin boy of Kampung Tanjung to a fight. His name was Hassan Kedah. Our boxing ring was decided below  the slope near  a pump house. I invited two of my close friends to be the witness of the great event. Of course this should be the beginning of my glamor path to fame


4 Musketeers
"Merenjis Mawar"
In Memory
Along Jalan Mawar
Stall By The Road

However fate was not on my side. I was totally defeated with some bad lumps on my forehead. What the hell was going on? So I kept  on wondering, what actually made a skinny boy so strong. Suddenly  having "urat dawai tulang besi". What a shame. All of a sudden I lost my walk of fame. So it was a wrong strategy after all. Anyway this sickening tragedy had given me a great lesson. Even the moral of the story was too good to ignore. So, "do not ever judge your opponent by his physical appearance". I should keep that it in my mind. Though it was hard to admit,  yet no doubt  that  I had lost my inspirational dreams. Only to accept the fact that, " once beaten twice shy'. By then I lost my fame as Bangkulu hero.


The First  Bite
Let The Taste Float
Enjoy A Late Lunch
Road To Kg. Lembak
Street Food Outlets

What else could I do. By then, I had no brain to get a good number in the class,  even top ten. What a pity, I had to challenge the girls in the class: Imut, Itam, Limah, Bedah, Kam, Ipot  and others.  Especially my cousin Hanifah, whom I called “boy”. Though a bit funny to hear the name, yet she and other girls firmly controlled the top ten numbers in the class. They all "pacak gale", whereas the boys simply took the exam. No revision and no preparation whatever. So it didn't matter what the numbers were. Thus finally I just let my dream float and dissolve in thin air. I felt like losing my motivation and  my competitiveness. I was afraid I might lose myself in the class. Might be, I was just the unknown hero who had just lost his battle ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment