Followers

Saturday, July 6, 2019

SUNGAI CHOH (1) : Once Upon A Time I Lost In Memory Lane

Once Upon A time
(Too Little Time But Too Much To Remember)


Sungai Choh
Map Of Sungai Choh
School Road
SK Sungai Choh
1961 Memory

It’s the paradox of time. Too little time but too much to remember.  However I couldn't care less. No doubt, time give me an opportunity to see myself in person and as well as to rediscover myself from the 50's.  Anyway I have  to retrieve the missing memory. There is no doubt that some memories have been faded away in the course of time. Only then  I find myself not anywhere near. Finally I retreat to the beginning.  May be this is just a dramatic escapism or dramatic irony whatever.  Anyway everything has changed. Only time gives me freedom to go through the past.


Kampung Style
By The Road
Home Guard Barrack

That’s the freedom to explore  the past. However, the memories of the late 50's  are too sentimental and nostalgic. Sometimes these memories are a little bit confused  with dreams and fantasies. Anyway I believe,  yesterday's memory is tomorrow's dream. That's  what wisdom means, "yesterday's dream is the mirror of today's  reality". However, I begin to lose gradually  the 50s scenario. Though the  inland village of Sungai Choh  still exists,  its 50s memory is increasingly blurred year after year. Finally It becomes a side mirror. Only once in a while, I look back when I feel myself a little bit lost.


Wooden Shop
Memory Road
Missing Love
Knowledgable
Innocent Faces

So, I walk along the memory lane, trying to collect bit by bit the nearly forgotten memories. It is like looking into the dark corner. Only to find  a memory lapse or a missing link in the memories. Without realizing, year by year the time gap  separates  the past and the present. Just to find it too difficult to cross the gap. There is no time machine to pick up the memories and no magic wand to bridge the gap. What's more, the past has no time capsule to recover the memories.  Neither the chronological events are written nor drawn for reflection and for reference.

Small Town
 To Serendah
 To Rawang
To Sungai Buaya

No comments:

Post a Comment